Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Employeeeeee

This week, I was offered a job. This week, I accepted the job. I am much pleased.
Essentially I am working for a media company and will be handling all of the media and material associated with advertising and the company's profile in order to improve sales and awareness, something I am pretty sure I will be able to achieve and though I start on Monday, I have already made quite a list of notes to work from. It's a part-time position which means I will be able to keep up with my journalism and script writing and other shinanigans.

Other than that, I am still waiting to see if I have been accepted fully onto the teaching course for September. The course if full-time, which may present some problems with my job if I do get on and start but they have said they would be flexible in regards to my hours once I know the company and what I am doing so hopefully things will be on the up soon.

My test-script is coming along nicely, apart from the slight writer's block which I intend to batter down with copious amounts of olives, jelly babies, chocolate piggies and ginger beer, as well as anything by Douglas Adams as he often provides me with inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. how did you get that job then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slightly late reply: I go through a routine of searching for media, advertising, production and promotion companies in and around my area and then check them for jobs or send ridiculous amounts of emails to them all over and over and eventually this one got back to me and called me in for an interview.

    It was a new position which requires a diversity of media skills with the overall purpose of improving their media appearance, advertising and sales.

    ReplyDelete